If you are using a Virgin Media SuperHub and need to setup an outbound VPN connection you will find out that it doesn’t work as VPN traffic is disabled by default on these routers.
To enable VPN you will need to logon to your Virgin Media SuperHub and do the following;
- Browse to your SuperHub’s IP Address (the default IP Address is 192.168.0.1) and log in with the admin details found on the back of the router.
- Go into “Advanced Settings” and click “Yes” to confirm you want access Advanced
- Choose “Firewall” from the list
- Click on “IPSec Pass-Through”, “PPTP Pass-Through” and “Multicast Pass-Through” on this page and then click “Yes” to confirm settings change
- Once done your VPN connection will work.