In this post we will show you how to manage your safe senders and domains in the Outlook Web App
Office 365 has a very good email security and spam filtering system but sometimes it can be frustrating when you keep on getting the same old messages, from the old same senders, always going into your Junk Email folder. Simply moving these emails back to your inbox does not have any effect and the next email you get from them goes back into the Junk Email folder.
If you are experiencing this issue and you have legitimate emails that are ending up in your Junk Email, you can easily add the email address to the safe senders and domains list which effectively whitelists them and stops the problem.
If you’re familiar with Hotmail or Outlook.com mail, it is a very similar process.
Here is what you need to do in the Outlook Web App in Office 365
- Log into your Office 365 email account by going to https://portal.office.com
- If Outlook doesn’t open by default, click on the Outlook app icon.
- At the top right of the screen, click on the settings wheel, and select View all Outlook settings.
- Next click on the Junk Email section and then click on the Add button by the Safe senders and domains section.
- Enter the email address or domain that you want to approve and click the save button – it is as easy as that!
Please contact us for further information or help on this topic.